Two houses gutted in Chitalmari

0
84

Md. Kamruzzaman Khan Picklu, Chitalmari, Bagerhat:

Two houses were burnt down apparently after an electric short circuit in Patarpara village of Chitalmari Sadar Union in Bagerhat on Tuesday.

Chitalmari Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Mir Shariful Haque said police rushed the spot just after hearing the news.

“The fire might be originated after an electric short circuit,” the OC added.

The house owners are– Azgar Sheikh and Akbar Sheikh of the area.

Locals said the houses were locked from outside when the four broke out and nobody was there inside the house.

After losing the living house, six members of two families have been living under the open sky during this cold, they added.

Local ward member of Chitalmari Sadar Union, immediately visited the spot and assured to provide food assistance to the two affected families and make arrangements for the reconstruction of the house.

After hearing about the fire incident, Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) Md. Maruful Alam visited the spot and donated Akbar Tk 5,000 and some blankets.

UNO also assured the owner of further assistance.